Bugs Bunny 1001 Rabbit Tales original production cel by Friz Freleng was used in the making of the 1982 Warner Bros. film.
This art is framed.
PLOT AND INFO ON 1001 RABBIT TALES:
Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck have to sell books for Rambling House. They go their separate ways and experience many wacky things. For instance, while flying through a winter storm, Daffy ran into a house owned by Porky Pig and briefly stayed there while taking place of a stuffed duck which he merely destroyed. Meanwhile, Bugs burrowed his way to a jungle where he pretended to be a baby ape to an ape couple. One half of the couple wanted to do Bugs in, but manages to divert him after he accidentally dropped a boulder on his wife's head.
After a little while, Bugs and Daffy reunite and burrowed their way to a cave at a dry desert. Inside, were treasures consisting of gold, jewels and stuff. The greedy duck tries to take the treasure, but he ran into Hassan the guard and made a mad dash back to Bugs who tricked Hassan into climbing into the clouds. Daffy ran back into the cave in excitement.
Later, Bugs comes across Sultan Yosemite Sam's palace in the Arabian desert. Sam needs someone to read a series of stories to his spoiled brat son, Prince Abba-Dabba. When Bugs first meets the tyke and gets mocked, he objects to the idea of reading to him. Then, Sam threatens to make Bugs bathe in boiling oil, at which point Bugs agrees to read to Abba-Dabba. Bugs tries to escape in a variety of ways but to no avail. At one point, Bugs even escaped on a flying carpet from the palace, but Sam catches him.
Meanwhile, Daffy tries to make off with the treasure. As he finished with it, he makes a quick check to see if he missed anything. That's when he encountered a magic lamp with a genie inside. Initially he rubbed the lamp thinking that with a little spit and polish, it would bring a few more bucks but it instead releases a genie whom Daffy pushes him back down thinking he was trying to steal the treasure. But the genie does not like what he was doing and chases him out of the cave by casting dangerous spells on him. Daffy then wanders through the desert in a desperate search for water.
Back at the palace, Bugs is fed up with reading stories to the prince, so he dumps his book in the fire. As he was being threatened to be dunked in boiling oil, Bugs warns Sam not to throw him in a nearby hole which Sam eventually did as a trick. Little did Sam and Abba-Dabba realize that this was Bugs' ticket to freedom. So Bugs luckily escapes and ran into Daffy. Daffy was pleased to see Bugs and soon sees the palace, hoping to sell books there. Bugs tries to warn Daffy about the palace, but he would not listen. He found out the hard way and the two walk off into the sunset with Daffy missing all of his feathers. Daffy asks Bugs if he brought some suntan oil for him.
- Cracked Quack (Daffy's line, "We'll just put it away in the storage for the winter", is replaced with, "Thermopolis will just have to wait")
- Apes of Wrath (Bugs' line, "So I'll be a monkey", is replaced with, "I'll sell books later", and the ending with Daffy being delivered as a baby to Bugs via stork is removed)
- Wise Quackers (The opening where Daffy is flying and crash-lands like a plane on a farm and encounters Elmer.)
- Ali Baba Bunny (ending to cartoon appears later on with Bugs removed, and Daffy does not shrink via the genie's magic)
- Goldimouse and the Three Cats (Bugs reads the narrator's lines)
- A Sheep in the Deep (Bugs tells the story of a "wolf in sheep's clothing") *Note: Currently cut out for time constraints.
- Tweety and the Beanstalk (Bugs narrates the closing events of the cartoon)
- Bewitched Bunny (ends abruptly after the prince takes his leave)
- Red Riding Hoodwinked (Bugs again narrates the opening)
- The Pied Piper of Guadalupe & Mexican Boarders (with the story starting in the middle of the former after Sylvester had learned to play the flute before shifting to the plot of the latter and going back to the ending of the former)
- One Froggy Evening (the ending is not shown)
- Aqua Duck (footage is mirrored and only shown up to the point where Daffy realizes a pool of water is a mirage)